You’ve seen the spring fashions, had a few sunny days but if you’ve still not made the leap into full spring mode there is an easy way to help update your look with a fresh spring time glow.
Updating your makeup can help you effortlessly transition between the seasons and sticking to just one or two key trends can refresh your whole look. However with all the glossy magazines and department store counters full of makeup brands that contain a concoction of potent chemicals how do you find the kinder to skin and more eco-friendly versions?
Well hopefully we’ve done that for you. We’ve taken a few of the key spring trend makeup looks and found the eco alternatives.
Barely there foundation – bare-faced beauties were all over the catwalk shows for S/S 2012 but as many of us know this can be one of the hardest looks to achieve, unless of course you have a spare hour every morning and a makeup artist on standby. If not try these tips:
- A tinted moisturiser is quick, easy to apply and will give you a sheer natural look, try MADARA’s Decoface organic tinting fluid packed full of organic ingredients. This product is great if you have a nice even skin tone to start with.
- Alternatively if you feel most comfortable with more coverage then it has to be NVEY’s creme deluxe flawless finish foundation, long-lasting and gives a matte finish so no need for powder.
Sun kissed Cheeks – think how you look in the first few days of a summer holiday, that sun-kissed look but definitely not sunburnt! This seasons cheeks have a subtle heathy glow.
- Try a light sleep of bronzer across the areas the sun would naturally catch i.e cheeks and nose, but do keep it light save the tanned look for summer.
- Orange was a big colour for this season so you could introduce the colour with a peach blusher for a softer look.
Colourful Eyes – its bright bold colours on the eyes this spring, but don’t be intimidated just pick one colour that will compliment your eye colour and keep it close to the lashes to introduce this look gently.
- Nvey Eco have a great range of eye colours from pastels to brighter shades, they are long-lasting and gentle on the skin.
- Black eyeliner completes the look – Lavera natural liquid liner available in black or brown
Bright Red Lips – if red lipstick is must have for you then this season you’ll be spoilt for choice, however the key trend is orange based reds. If you’re not quite brave enough for a strong lip colour try a pastel peachy shade or go nude and make the eyes strong.
Remember you don’t need to apply all the trends to your look, if you like colourful eyes keep your lips neutral and vice versa.
We would love to hear what you think of our eco makeup suggestions, tell us in the comments below. Or share your favourite makeup tips with us.