Happy New Year! How was it for you?
For many, today is a day for nursing a sore head, watching rubbish on television and sleeping. If that’s you, here’s are some top tips to take the pain out of January the 1st the natural way.
Awaken puffy eyes:
- Put a couple of clean teaspoons in the freezer
- Leave for 30 minutes (but not until frozen)
- Remove and place on your tired eyes
This simple remedy will reduce bags and make you feel more alert.
Revive tired skin
- Take 1 tablespoon of natural honey
- Pat it evenly over your face and neck
- Leave for five minutes
- Rinse with warm water
- Pat dry with a clean soft facecloth
This sweet treat invigorates your skin, clears dirt and boosts your complexion.
Bring shine to your tresses
Straighteners and hair-dryers dry your hair out and cause split ends – but you can add some body and shine with a simple conditioner that you can make from ingredients you probably have in your cupboard.
- Separate the yolk of an egg and pour into a bowl
- Beat the yolk until thick and lightly coloured
- Add half a teaspoon of olive oil and mix well
- Gradually beat in 3/4 cup of lukewarm water
- After shampooing, massage in your homemade conditioner
- Leave for 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water
Settle your stomach
Excessive alcohol and fatty foods can increase the acidity of your stomach and cause discomfort and queasiness. But there is a natural drink that can reduce nausea in minutes.
- Bring water to the boil
- Pour into a cup and add 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger powder
- Leave for ten minutes
- Strain your warm drink and add honey to sweeten
And if that fails, get some fresh air – deep breaths of it.
What adds sparkle to your New Year’s Day? Tell us in the comments below or come and join us on Facebook and share your natural remedies.